Localize Global Health Security for the USAID Bureau of Global Health. As the prime contractor for the five-year Localize Global Health Security (LGHS) activity, Panagora will work with local organizations and stakeholders to address priority health security gaps at the sub-national level to prevent, detect, and respond to emerging infectious disease threats. We look forward to expanding the global knowledge base on approaches to localizing global health security through a vibrant community of practice, sharing lessons learned in strengthening sub-national partners as part of a health system dedicated to global health security.
We will draw on our signature approaches in grantmaking and organizational and technical capacity strengthening. Using a system optimization lens, we will strategically support local entities that can make the most difference in achieving health security goals at sub-national, national, and international levels. Our team will be working in up to 15 countries in Africa and Asia, with a GEM (Grants Engagement Manager) in every country.
LGHS will tackle:
- Risk Communication, social behavioral change, community engagement (SBCC)
- Diagnostic and laboratory systems support
- Minimizing zoonotic disease transmission/Community-based zoonotic disease surveillance
- Infection prevention and control (IPC)
- National planning for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) spanning human, animal, crops, food safety, and environmental aspects
- Outbreak preparedness and response
Our core consortium includes PATH and Itad inc. Our collaborators include AfriLabs, Blue Globe Consultants Ltd, Experiential Marketing (EXP), The Regents of the University of New Mexico/Project ECHO, Institut de Recherche en Santé, de Surveillance Epidémiologique et de Formation (IRESSEF), Resolve to Save Lives, and Total Impact Capital.